Sunday

My best Walgreens trip yet!





I was feeling very motivated today to get myself to Walgreens. I do like to go on Sunday because if I need a filler item, I can get another newspaper, which really ends up saving me more money the next time I use them! I also like going on Sunday because then Walgreens isn't too out of things. I know this week they will most likely be out of a lot of things because of all of the wonderful RRs. (See my post here about Walgreens, or my post here about coupon lingo if you have no idea what I am referring to) :)

I got everything above for : $9.93 and still have $27.50 in RRs to either keep rolling, or to use in my future adventures at Walgreens.

***One piece of advice everyone - make a list before you leave the house. I know things don't always go exactly as planned, but then you aren't frazzled when you go to buy your things. What I do is make a list of all of the transactions I am going to do. When I do that I can have all of my RRs that I want to roll all organized. This also helps ensure that I am not going to lose out on a RR because I accidentally used one on the same product. For example, this week there are two Bayer deals that spit out RRs. You need to make sure you don't accidentally use one of those RR to pay for another transaction that has any Bayer items in it! I also have separate envelopes for each transaction that I am going to make so my coupons are all set and ready to go when the cashier is. That way, if the cashier is nice enough, I can do two separate transactions at one store with the least amount of time possible. I also end up using less gas because I have to travel to less Wags stores. :) That is just my two cents. DO what works best for you!

Transcation #1:

-Bayer Meter: $14.99 ($5RR)

used MQ from 3/22 SS for $14.99 (cashier had to enter in amount)

final cost free (and a $5 profit)

-Gum products 2/$4

used two, $2 IP Qs

final cost: free

-Nivea body wash: $4.99 ($4.99 RR)

used 1 $1 IP Q

final cost $3.99 ($1 profit)

-Bayer quick release crystals: $2.49 (2.49 RR)

used a $1.50 peelie

final cost: .99 (and a $1.50 profit)

-Campbells soup: .59 each

I bought 6 and used the Wags in store Q and 3, $1/2 IP Qs

final cost: .54

-one filler item (I found something for .15 down the toothpase aisle)

-I used one $5 RR I had from last week when I bought some Claritin

Total after coupons: $1.29

Total savings: 108.87

Total RRs: (2.49 +4.99+ 5)

Transaction #2

Rembrant toothpaste: $5.99 (5.99 RR)

final cost: $5.99

Ecotrin: $2.00 (2 of them otherwise the register would beep)

-used 1, $2.25 IP Q

final cost: $1.75 (+ a .25 profit)

-used 1, $5 RR from the contour meter

-used 1, $2.50 RR from the bayer quick release crystals

(I then got a $5.99 RR from the Rembrant, $2.00 RR from the ecotrin and I still have a $4.99 RR from the Nivea from my 1st transaction)

Total after coupons: .64

Total savings: $12.25

Transaction #3

-Bayer Meter: $14.99 ($5RR)
used MQ from 3/22 SS for $14.99 (cashier had to enter in amount)
final cost free (and a $5 profit)

-Nivea body wash: $4.99 ($4.99 RR)
used 1 $1 IP Q
final cost $3.99 ($1 profit)

-Bayer quick release crystals: $2.49 (2.49 RR)
used a $1.00 MQ from 3/22 SS
final cost: 1.49 (and a $1.00 profit)

-Tuna: .79 with Wags in store Q

-filler item: Hersheys bar (I wanted some chocolate lol) $.89

-I used a $5.99 RR from the Rembrant

Total after coupons: $1.56

Total savings: $93.99)

Transaction #4

-Bayer Meter: $14.99 ($5RR)

used MQ from 3/22 SS for $14.99 (cashier had to enter in amount)

final cost free (and a $5 profit)

-Bayer quick release crystals: $2.49 (2.49 RR)

used a $1.00 MQ from 3/22 SS

final cost: 1.49 (and a $1.00 profit)

Rembrant toothpaste: $5.99 (5.99 RR)
final cost: $5.99

-filler item: Pioneer press $1.00

-used $2 RR from ecotrin and $4.99 RR from nivea

Total after coupons: $1.88

Total savings: $88.99

RRs:$5.99 from Rembrant, $5 from contour, $2.49 from Bayer crystals-and I still have a $4.99 left from Nivea)

Transaction #5

-Nivea body wash: $4.99 ($4.99 RR)

used 1 $1 IP Q

final cost $3.99 ($1 profit)

-Got2B styling products: 2/$10 ($5 RR)

used 2, $2 IP Qs)

final cost: $6

-two filler items: Star Tribune ($1.75-I was not happy they didn't have the $1 Pioneer Press) and Wags travel kleenex: .29

-used$5.99 RR from Rembrant and $$2.49 RR from the Bayer quick release crystals).

Total after coupons: $4.56

Total savings: $17.48

-I got a $4.99 RR from the Nivea body wash, $5 RR from the Got2b hair products and still had the other RRs I didn't use from Transaction #4).

Whew, $27.50 in RRs isn't bad!

(Sorry if any of my math and/or calculations are off. #1: I am bad at math and #2 I am a newbie at posting about my great deals!

Leave any comments if you'd like! =)

9 comments:

  1. They sell newspapers?! I did NOT know that! The Sunday paper would be awesome filler! Where do you find the papers?! Wow, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to ask you about on the meters where it says "cashier had to enter price" was the coupon more than the item? I thought I was going to scream today at a WG when they wouldn't let me use a coupon that was .06 cents more than the item. I had been told several weeks ago by 3 reps from WG Customer Service that called my house and told me that the store should've adjusted the coupon to the retail price. I left the store today a bit t'd off since they had told me that I could use the coupon. Same thing happened to me before.

    Also.. I noticed a sign on the register that says that if you are getting an item that is to receive RR's.. you cannot use a manufacturer's coupon and get the RR's.. have you heard of this before? Pam

    *ps.. Great Haul Today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate- yes they do sell newspapers! Isn't that great? They are up at the front kind of near the cahsier or where you would pick up a basket. I love the idea of getting even more sets of coupons every Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airbornewife:

    The coupon had no monetary value on it (other than it stated that the Q could be no more than a $30 value). So no, the meter Q was not more than the product.

    I too, have had the same problem at Walgreens with overage. Wags is very strict about this (i.e. the Ecotrin example from this week at Wags). It really does depend on your Wags. I would try going on different days and using different cashiers until you find one that is nice :)

    Or, if there is a deal that is too good to pass up, but the coupon is more than the item, I would buy two of the items and use your Q. It would probably still be a good deal :)

    One other tip: Do you ever shop at CVS? I know they are not picky like Wags...they will match their Qs down to the price of the product. Gotta love that! I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Airborne (Pam :)...sorry I was so into your first question that I did not see your second question. I have not seen that post about RRs and MQs. That does not appear to be legitimate as that is not Walgreens corporate policy. I have never heard of that before. What state are you in? I am interested in this because I have heard so many different things from different bloggers why this strange signs and things would be said to them. Another one I've heard is that you can only use one RR, which is NOT true. You just have to make sure that they are not for the same brand.

    I also plan to go back to Wags and roll some more RRs, even if I am out of MQs...that body was seems like it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful blog ! I really enjoyed reading it.
    Claudia
    http://www.claudiafranson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudia,

    Thank you! I really appreciate it! :) I see that you scored some awesome deals at Kmart! So jealous, way to go! I wish we had those double days here. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow good job. that looked like it took a lot of planning?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It did take a lot of planning. I'm not going to lie. However, once you write down your "plan of action" on paper, then buying everything in the store is a piece of cake! :) It takes some getting used to, but once you figure out the system, it becomes like second nature, I promise! I've only been seriously using coupons for 2 months...

    ReplyDelete