Sunday

OAMC cooking!

So...I'm excited to start and share my OAMC (once a month cooking)! Basically, I'm going to try and use the food I get from using all of my coupons (plus a few additional ingredients) to try and cook all of our  meals for one month -- all in one weekend. This is a great way to make our meals even more affordable (who knew they could get any cheaper?!) as well as for those nights where I'm super tired after work and don't feel like cooking. When you buy pre-made foods, you really are paying a lot more. This way, I  have the best of both worlds, but it is a lot more affordable. I'm excited to start this new journey...

I took an hour or two yesterday to prep my recipies and buy the ingredients I needed to make all of my OAMC meals. Then today I made my first attempt to cook them all. Here are a few pics from along the way...

All of my pots for my meals


All of the meat/rice/beans I made for my meals...


Noche trying to get any scraps that fall on the floor...


Starting to put it all together...


All of my ingredients out on the counter to make things move along faster



And lastly: my freezer full of food!


For about 5 hours of work total (pre-planning, actual cooking and clean up) here is what I made:

Lasagna
Chicken spaghetti bake
sloppy joes
Meatballs
Meatloaf
Cheesy broccoli, chicken and rice
Taco meat
Easy taco bake
Buffalo shrimp
Chicken taco bake
Mexicali Casserole
Black bean burgers
Oatmeal bake (breakfast)

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see the recipes! I'm always looking for meals I can prep ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete